High School Transition Resources
Transitioning to high school can be SCARY – for both you and your child. It’s totally possible to successfully transition without losing your mind, and the best way to do it is with someone – your primary school, your new high school, specialists and anyone else you can drag along for the ride!
Below is a copy of the presentation I did at APAC that has some great tips to get you started. I’ve also added links to previous posts I’ve written about our transition processes and the challenges we’ve faced along the way. You may relate to some of them!
If you have any questions about high school transition, or just want to vent about the whole process, say “Hi!” over at the Facebook page (or feel free to send me an email, if that’s more your style).
- My APAC presentation – Managing a Successful Transition
- High School Transition Tips for Students with Special Needs
- Special Education vs Mainstream: Our Schooling Journey
- My First Thoughts on High School
- Ideas for Supporting Students With Autism in High School
- Special Needs and Getting Ready for High School
- The Road to Mainstream